Pages

Friday, February 20, 2015

Adi Sathi Seeks MIGOP Coalitions Vice-Chair Position

Adi Sathi speaks with the Mid Michigan Republican Women's group recently.




 By Brandon Hall   
(Email him at WestMiPolitics@Gmail.com)


WMP caught up with Adi Sathi, he is running to replace Victor Diaz as MIGOP Coalitions Vice-Chair. Sathi, who managed Satish Jashi's campaign for Wayne St. Trustee, is unopposed Saturday at the convention.


-Why are you running?
I am running because I believe in a life of service and the importance of giving back to a community. I believe that I can make a difference for the Michigan GOP in this role and took the opportunity to do so.

-Describe yourself. What experience do you have? What do you want delegates to know about you?
I am a legislative staffer for Representative Jon Bumstead in the Michigan House of Representatives. Before this job, I worked on various Republican campaigns and as of recently had the unique opportunity to manage the campaign for Satish Jasti for Wayne State Board of Governors. On this campaign, I had the opportunity to travel across the state and begin to build coalitions both inside and outside the Republican Party structure. I am also currently a member of the 11th Congressional District Republican Committee and an elected precinct delegate in Oakland County. I also have two degrees from the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor and spent my time in college being extremely involved with student government as well as helped to co-found a chapter of Young Americans for Freedom on our campus.
 
-Position on may 5th road tax package and why?
I am against Proposal 1. The Michigan House of Representatives has presented an alternative bill that would not have raised taxes but would go towards fixing the roads. There are also a lot of questionable parts to the proposal that are not necessarily helping the roads either,.

-Views on how the migop should choose its 2016 nominee?
The MIGOP should allow the delegates and voters of the grass roots to be able to make their decision on 2016.

W­­hat is the role of your position?
My primary responsibility is to help the Michigan GOP build relationships with groups outside of the typical party structure. I am dedicated to working with the 11 recognized coalitions according to the state party website, and expanding on them in order to increase the outreach of the Republican message.­­

Why would you be the best choice? What are your ideas/plan for the future?
I believe that I am the best choice, for many reasons, but the number one reason is that there is NO OTHER CHOICE.
I want to focus on the three main aspects of my platform. First, I want to work to RE-ENERGIZE the grassroots in 2015 and keep them active so that we are already prepared entering 2016, instead of taking a break. I also want to EXPAND the number of coalitions that are currently recognized by the Michigan Republican Party. There are currently 11 recognized coalitions according to the state party website and I ask, why not more? Lastly, I want to DEVELOP leaders within various communities who are on board with the party platform and can help to spread the GOP message to their networks.

Anything you'd like delegates to know?
I would like to let the delegates know that I look forward to meeting as many of them as possible. I plan to work hard and continue to travel all across the state to talk to delegates and GOP activists about how we can make a difference come 2016.

Where can they go for more information?
To get more information about my race, please do not hesitate to email me at AdiRSathi@gmail.com or follow my campaign on any of the following social media outlets:
Twitter: @adisathi
Instagram: @adisathi 


_________________________________________________________________________
Brandon Hall is a lifelong political nerd from Grand Haven, and is the Managing Editor of West Michigan Politics. >>>Email him at WestMiPolitics@Gmail.com 
Facebook



Photo By Darlene Dowling Thompson


1 comment: