Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

He's No RFK: Robert Kennedy Busted By Police Targeting Bergman+Allor Yard Signs


By-Brandon Hall
(Email West MIPolitics@Gmail.com)

Dem 106th State House candidate Robert Kennedy was recently busted stealing yard signs of opponent Sue Allor, as well as Jack Bergman, the retired Lt. General running for Congress against Lon Johnson.

A Bergman sign is visible in the above picture, and Kennedy admitted to taking Allor signs...

Allor, left, with MIGOP Chair Ronna Romney McDaniel and Jack Bergman

Police warned Kennedy not to engage in further yard sign removal.

According to local reports:

"In an official statement made to WBKB, Robert Kennedy apologized for his actions, but maintained that the signs were improperly placed.

“I apologize for my actions over the weekend in removing two political yard signs that did not belong to me. They were placed too close to the US–23 highway, but it was not my role to remove them. And for taking on that role I am sorry. Before the police contacted me, I had returned the sign to my opponent,” stated Kennedy.

Kennedy has been informed to not remove improperly placed campaign signs, and to report them to law enforcement first.

With just a few weeks until the election, local Republican leaders are questioning Kennedy’s judgment after the incident.

Osmer, center, with Steve Yoder and Judi Schwalbach 
“It’s not petty politics, which we usually see right before an election day. I think what this shows is a sincere lack of judgment by Mr. Kennedy, somebody who is running to represent the people of the 106th district, and frankly I fear it’s a sign of how he would act as a state representative, and the people of Northeast Michigan deserve much better,” said First Congressional District Republican Committee Chairman Jesse Osmer."

__________________________________________________________________
Brandon Hall is a lifelong political nerd from Grand Haven, and is the Managing Editor of West Michigan Politics.

>>>Email him at WestMiPolitics@Gmail.com

Facebook
Twitter
Photo By Darlene Dowling Thompson

6 comments:

  1. This site is giving away free Donald Trump tshirts as long as you order before Nov. 8th. (Or until they run out) http://adf.ly/1f3Gt3 Just fyi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to thank you for ones time just for this fantastic read!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have you saved as a favorite to see new stuff in your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have read some excellent stuff here. Certainly value bookmarking for revisiting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder how so much attempt you put to create any such fantastic informative website.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was suggested this blog by my cousin. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete