Pages

Monday, August 1, 2016

Norlander Responds To WMP Article Over Salary Scandal+Other Issues



By Brandon Hall
(Email him at WestMiPolitics@Gmail.com)


After a WMP report detailing multiple issues with Calhoun County Clerk Ann Norlander, she responded in a statement to WMP.

She says a local group is trying to make her life "hell."

"The salary discussion has been totally taken out of context," Norlander tells WMP. "Matt Davis, Steve Frisbie , Richard Lindsey and Diane Kirkham have tried to make my life a living hell for the last two years. I am being punished for doing the right thing by keeping Matt Davis off the ballot when he bounced his $100.00 filing fee check and for endorsing Sarah Lincoln for Circuit Court judge."

>>>Here is Norlander's Full Statement:

"These issues were all covered during the extensive Audit called for by Our Administrator, Kelli Scott. I was interviewed for 2 hours and the result of the Audit proved no Fraud or misappropriation of tax dollars.

The salary discussion has been totally taken out of context. Matt Davis, Steve Frisbie , Richard Lindsey and Diane Kirkham have tried to make my life a living hell for the last two years. I am being punished for doing the right thing by keeping Matt Davis off the ballot when he bounced his $100.00 filing fee check and for endorsing Sarah Lincoln for Circuit Court judge.

I sincerely hope as you read this that you will understand that this group is attempting to smear me and ruin my reputation to further their agenda of revenge and vengeance on the eve of the primary election. The truth is: I have done nothing wrong. And the truth will prevail. I ask for your continued support and your vote on August 2nd. I will continue to take the high road."

-Anne Norlander" 

_____________________________________________________________________
Brandon Hall is a lifelong political nerd from Grand Haven, and is the Managing Editor of West Michigan Politics.

>>>Email him at WestMiPolitics@Gmail.com

Facebook

Twitter
Photo By Darlene Dowling Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment