Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Hall For House Campaign Calls On Jim Lilly To Apologize For Plagiarizing State Rep. Daniela Garcia





BRANDON HALL FOR STATE REPRESENTATIVE

I am excited about the race for 89th District State Representative, and momentum continues to build!


We all make mistakes, Lord knows I have. I am willing to talk about those issues with almost anyone at any time, because rather than ignore them and hide, I learned from them in a significant way. 


Today though, one of my opponents, Jim Lilly, has made a mistake that must be addressed: his blatant plagiarizing of State Rep. Daniela Garcia's campaign website.

 

In screenshots below, you will see Lilly take Garcia's promise to be "a fiscal conservative with a heart for our community" and pass them off as his own.


The definition of plagiarism is "an act or instance of using or closely imitating the language and thoughts of another author without authorization and the representation of that author's work as one's own, as by not crediting the original author."


It's clear that is what happened, and I am calling on Jim Lilly to apologize to the people of the 89th District, and commit to stop taking marching orders from Lansing.


Jim is probably a nice guy, but he simply has no desire to fight the Lansing status quo that hurts Michigan families. Jim won't stand up for Ottawa County, he will continue to do the bidding of Lansing insiders like Daniela Garcia, who happens to be a close friend of his.


Garcia is one of the worst legislators in Lansing, and we can't afford to send Jim Lilly there to cheerlead for Daniela and carry water for her big donors special interest friends.


These are the kind of people I am dealing with here in my race, and I need your help. 


>>>Please go to HallForHouse.com and make a contribution, or sign up to volunteer. If both those are not possible, please share our campaign website with your friends on social media, and keep our efforts in your thoughts and prayers.


Together, if Conservatives are united, I know we can do amazing things and start to take our great state back. We can make Laning work for the people again instead of the current status quo that leaves Michigan families behind, but it won't be easy.


Please join me in my effort to put #OttawaCountyFirst! #LetsCleanUpLansing and make the politicians work for the people once again-as it should be.


Best, always,


Brandon



_____________________________________________________________________
Brandon Hall is a lifelong political nerd from Grand Haven, and is the Managing Editor of West Michigan Politics.
>>>Email him at WestMiPolitics@Gmail.com

Facebook

Twitter

Photo By Darlene Dowling Thompson

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic blog! Do you have any tips and hints for aspiring writers? I’m planning to start my own website soon but I’m a little lost on everything. Would you propose starting with a free platform like WordPress or go for a paid option? There are so many options out there that I’m completely overwhelmed .. Any suggestions? Many thanks!
    Muskegon graphics

    ReplyDelete