Pages

Monday, January 19, 2015

Agema Ally David Wells Fires Back Against Racism Charges


Wells, left. Photo by Darlene Dowling Thompson

 By Brandon Hall

(Email him at WestMiPolitics@Gmail.com)

Dave Agema is controversial, that has been the case for decades. And don't forget-he has many supporters. After all, he beat Saul Anuzis to become RNC Committeeman with an impressive 70% of the vote not too long ago.

One of Agema's staunchest allies is a Tea Party activist named David Wells.

With Agema being censured by the RNC last week and passions raging over issues stemming from an article Agema shared on Facebook, Wells has had enough of Agema and supporters like himself being called racist.
He took to Facebook defending Agema and himself with a powerful personal story this weekend:
Wells, right, with Agema, second from left. Photo by Darlene Dowling Thompson

"Many who Know me have heard this Story before:

 I have been heavy my entire life. When I was about 12 years old, my dad dropped me off in Harrisville Harbor to fish for salmon all night. I had on Waders, and when a short fat boy wears waders, the legs are too long, bunch up, and fill with air. I had waded too far out and a wave picked me up. Picture me head down bobbing in the water, with My feet in the air. Middle of a dark night, only a few people around.
I was drowning. I can remember struggling trying to push off the bottom, or grab something.
I then felt a hand grab my leg and I was lifted straight out of the water into the air.
 

The man turned and carried me all the way into shore with one hand. He performed cpr, getting the water out of my lungs, and after assessing me, built a fire, got me out of my wet clothes and gave me a large coat. The mans name was Ray, but he told me to call him Goose (CB Handle). We talked until daylight, and my dad showed up to take me back to the cabin.
 

I had exchanged numbers with Goose, and he started picking me up to go fishing, Salmon, Smelt, suckers, pike, and others. We also had 40 acres and Goose would come up Rabbit and Deer hunting. I attended Holiday dinners with his family in Flint while in college.

See my Maternal Grand Father died when I was a baby. My Paternal Grandfather disowned the Family over a stupid fight with my father when I was 8 years old.

Growing up, Goose was the closest thing I had to a Grandpa. God put Goose on the shore of Harrisville harbor that night to save my life.

I cried when I got the call that Ray had passed away. Goose was a retired Flint Police officer, over 6 and a half foot tall, and A BLACK man who taught me to look beyond the color of someones skin. To all you agenda driven opportunists calling me or anyone else a RACIST for defending Dave Agema, Go pound sand!"

Michigan RNC Committeeman Dave Agema

_________________________________________________________________________

Brandon Hall is a lifelong political nerd from Grand Haven, and is the Managing Editor of West Michigan Politics.
>>>Email him at WestMiPolitics@Gmail.com 

Facebook

Photo By Darlene Dowling Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment